Location: Sunshine, FL
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Processing Technician I will fear no barrier in the pursuit of ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, reporting production issues, being a strong teammate, and effectively producing products for the manufacturing team.
This role is with SURTERRA, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Responsible for daily production and packaging tasks tied to the production and packaging of manufactured products for patients in the state of Florida
- Follow Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Maintains quality control of all products
- Responsible for daily/weekly production deliverables. Including production, productivity, quality targets
- Maintains compliance and adheres to all food safety, sanitation, and GMP requirements
- Complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control, production, and process improvement.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Medium to large scale manufacturing/production line experience preferred
- Food manufacturing/production experience preferred
- Serve Safe certification required within first 30 days of employment
- Proficient math and measuring skills
- Familiarity with manufacturing and packaging equipment
- Ability to read and interpret recipes written in English
- Ability to work as a team member, be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Must be able to consistently perform repetitive motions.
- Requires the ability to stand, kneel, sit or stoop for prolonged periods of time, with constant attention to detail for 8-10 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted and up to 80lbs assisted.
- Ability to perform dexterous hand movement for 8-10 hours per day.
- Ability to wear required PPE for duration of shift.
- Ability to work in indoor kitchen environment which is subject to temperature changes.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional development offerings
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your employee experience
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discount
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 50852