Location: Lakeland, FL
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Lead Processing technician – Edibles with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the manufacturing and processing of final dosage forms of therapeutic cannabis-based foods.
This role is with Surterra, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Implement established Parallel and Industry best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis-based food products.
- Be responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing process of therapeutic cannabis-based food products.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control, production and process improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Assist in developing the edibles team to meet production and quality related goals.
- Assist Production leadership in labor and production planning.
- Provide direction and guidance regarding duties and responsibilities of Processing Technician I and II roles.
- Actively participate in training of both Technician I & II roles
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Travel as necessary (between locations)
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Minimum of 3 years experience in food manufacturing/preparation
- Florida Resident
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- Experience in production environment
- Technical proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in manufacturing, processing, and packaging
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional development offerings
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your employee experience
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discount
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Consistently operates production machinery.
- Must be able to consistently perform repetitive motions
- Ability to stand, kneel, sit or stoop for prolonged periods of time, with constant attention to detail for 8-10 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted and up to 80lbs assisted.
- Ability to perform dexterous hand movement for 8-10 hours per day.
- Ability to wear required PPE for duration of shift.
- Ability to work in indoor kitchen environment which is subject to temperature changes.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 50859