Location: Wimauma, FL
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Processing Technician will be responsible for all aspects of harvest & post-harvest processing of cannabis. Processing Technicians are critically important members of the Cultivation Team and ensure consumers receive the highest-quality Flower.
This role is with Surterra, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Perform all post-harvest processing to include; harvest, drying, bucking, curing, trimming, machining and remediation.
- Inspect product for defects using a variety of tools.
- Calibrate, operate, clean and store processing equipment including heat sealers, scales, trim machines, etc.
- Print and apply labels according to Company policies.
- Receive, unpack, and deliver goods/supplies; re-stock items as necessary; label shelves etc.
- Record data in Company and Compliance Systems.
- Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment inside the cultivation areas.
- Coordinate & Support other areas of cultivation.
- Collaborate with other Company Functions like Sales, Marketing, Extraction, Packaging Compliance, Quality, Etc.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Can take direction well; great communication skills
- Be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Ability to focus, be task oriented and manage stress
- Proficient with measurements
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to complete, and accurately communicate, data sheets
- Six (6) months cannabis processing experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of cannabis flower quality
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, crouch in order to access plants
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60lbs
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder to service lights and fans
- Ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day
- Agile fingers able to perform dexterous tasks
- Exposure to bright light where eye protection is required
- Exposure to cannabis odor
- Exposure to skin contact with plants, to which some individuals may be allergic
- Exposure to moderate heat and humidity
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional development offerings
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your employee experience
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discount
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 52318