Location: Wimauma, FL
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The EHS Compliance Specialist will report to the Compliance Oversight Director – EHS and supports the implementation and execution of the organization’s Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Compliance programs including, but not limited to, the assessment, identification, and control of all elements of EHS risk that effect the business.
This role is with Surterra, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Support the implementation and execution of the organization’s EHS Compliance programs within assigned areas of the organization.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and documentation of policies, procedures, internal controls, and training programs to help ensure effective management of risk and compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Conduct inspections and audits of facilities, processes, internal controls, and training programs within assigned areas of the organization.
- Support change management of policies, procedures, internal controls, and training programs as the result of process changes and/or changes to applicable regulatory obligations.
- Assist with Issue Management and Incident Response (including Corrective Action Planning) to help ensure timely and effective response and remediation of risk affecting the organization; including but not limited to Regulatory Risk, Health and Safety Risk, Financial Risk, and Reputational Risk.
- Lead or support special projects and assignments as required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Two (2) years Environmental Health and Safety experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience working with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and/or Quality Assurance (QA) systems and tools.
- Prior experience working with, developing, and supporting an EHS program including risk assessments, documentation and evaluation of controls, and issue management (including executions of Corrective Action Plans).
- Must understand discretion and be able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately.
- Strong communication, research, analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and challenging environment in order to execute tasks; focusing on both short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- An ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to work in extreme weather.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional development offerings
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your employee experience
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through Benevity
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discount
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 52973