Location: Lakeland, FL
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Harvest Shift Lead ensures that all actionable timelines (pre-harvest defan, bucking, etc.) are achieved, conducts new-hire and ongoing training of associates, takes the lead when executing priority tasks, and communicates all issues/successes to Supervisor. Shift Leads are also expected to act as a Supervisor if the Supervisor is out for any reason and ensures proper efficiency on weekend shifts.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Conduct daily Pre-Shift Meeting to delegate work for the day appropriately
- Ensures all actionable timelines are met and, if they are not, works alongside the team to help get the job done. Also communicates these issues to Management for further investigation
- Responsible for tracking of Harvest and Dry Trim weights
- Leads the training of both new hire training and ongoing training of existing associates.
- Participates in Inventory activities
- Enforces all SOPs, including all documents, guides, and policies
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness to improve and promote quality, striving to increase productivity
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Leadership experience preferred, but not required
- Cannabis plant knowledge preferred, but not required
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Communicate well both written and verbally
- Can motivate your team
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Ability to work in a CO2-filled room where temperatures can exceed 80 degrees for up to 10 hours daily.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- Ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- Ability to wear personal protective gear, including hair net, beard net, mask, long-sleeved shirts, and gloves.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 56532