Location: Lakeland, FL (Cultivation & Production)
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
This IPM Technician will work hands on monitoring the crops, ensure accurate reports of the crops health and wellness are relayed to management, and implement IPM strategies designated by the grow team.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Monitoring and scouting of pests, diseases, and beneficial insects.
- Reporting pest populations, irrigation irregularities, and mechanical issues seen while scouting.
- Monitor efficiency of products used for control measures.
- Maintain and monitor traps to provide feedback on pest counts to the growers.
- Verification of pest and disease infestation trends.
- Coordinating with management on all biological programs and implementation.
- Verifying / validating of scouting reports to confirm accuracy and reliability.
- Maintaining up to date records and reports.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Related work experience.
- Good communicator verbal / written.
- Well organized and a self-starter.
- Must be self-motivated, honest, trustworthy, and always act in a mature and professional manner.
- Strong interest in agriculture and willing to work in adverse conditions.
- Knowledge of horticultural pests and diseases is a plus, on the job training will be provided.
- Position requires standing and walking on a regular basis
- Ability to do tedious tasks for lengthy periods of time
- Hand and eye coordination
- The ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- Ability to work in an indoor growing environment which includes dry, hot, cold, and humid conditions and
extended exposure to Co2
- Requires the ability to stand, kneel, sit, or stoop for prolonged periods of time, with constant attention to
detail for 10 hours per day
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted and up to 80lbs assisted
- Ability to wear required PPE for duration of shift
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional development offerings
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your employee experience
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discount
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.