Location: Wimauma, FL
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
Parallel is looking for a Formulations Lab Supervisor with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the manufacturing, formulating, and blending of finished goods.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Follow Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Responsible for specific deliverables including production and quality targets
- Responsible for daily duties related to the formulating process of cannabis-based products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department management about safety issues that may arise.
Perform and oversee:
- Cannabis oil tracking, refining, and formulating
- Operating refinement and formulation equipment
- raw material tracking, refining, and formulating
- Receive and transport oils/formulations between departments
- Receive and transport raw materials between departments
- Cleaning production equipment and production work areas
- Troubleshooting of machines and processes
- Plan workload distribution and assists in inventory management/ordering.
- Evaluate laboratory documentation, quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed.
- Responsible for auditing laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining, and training the quality control technicians in procedures per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines.
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner.
- Disposal of cannabis waste in accordance with legal regulations.
- Keeping open and fluid communication with the management and maintenance teams when there are machine issues.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Participate in the recruitment process for other team prospective team members.
- Train and monitor new and current lab staff as needed for cross training.
- Work assisting the pre-rolls teams / packaging teams / extraction & distillations teams / refinement / etc. when you have down time.
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- 1-3 years’ experience working in manufacturing and/or the cannabis industry.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees and various levels of management. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to multitask and be aware of multiple active processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team with cohesive aspects.
- Florida Resident – residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- Minimum A.A., B.A./B.S. preferred
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (bending, lifting, pouring, typing)
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs.
- Hand and eye coordination.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.