Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Accountant II will aid and support the daily and monthly accounting processes for Parallel. This role will focus heavily on monthly journal entry completion and General Ledger reconciliation. The Accountant II will also identify, research, and resolve items directly impacting Parallel’s financial statements. This position may perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks that may be required from time to time by the other members of the Accounting/Finance team.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations, identifying, and resolving discrepancies and reporting financial misstatements in accordance with accounting policies (GAAP) and SOX controls
- Providing financial analysis and support to multiple departments
- Owning and maintaining process documentation and training materials for assigned responsibilities
- Assisting in process improvement initiatives to identify and capture process efficiencies
- Applying GAAP and SOX compliance principles to mitigate financial risk and ensure effective operating controls
- Responsible for monthly review of Construction in Process (CIP) account detail in accordance with GAAP and communication with project owners regarding project status
- Responsible for capitalization determination and daily CIP and Fixed Asset transactions recorded in the General Ledger and the Fixed Asset system
- Providing audit documentation and support to internal and external auditors
- Collecting and disseminating financial information
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of in an Accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Microsoft Office proficiency; immediate to advanced level proficiency in Excel
- Sage Intacct experience preferred
- Strong organizational, time management, and good prioritization skills in driving tasks to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization
- A problem solver that displays the initiative required for analysis, evaluation, creating, reasoning, and drawing conclusions/solutions;
- A keen ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.