Fluent is a premier medical cannabis company, with cultivation, processing and retail locations in Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico and Canada. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for preparing payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The Accounts Payable Clerk will perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that the vendor payments are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. Provide the Accounting team with administrative and financial support.
· Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
· Reviews and maintains all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
· Verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
· Work directly with vendors to resolve discrepancies and respond to inquiries.
· Maintains updated vendor files and prepares vendor checks.
· Files and retrieves Accounts Receivable documents as needed.
· Prepare batches of invoices for data entry and payments with correct G/L account coding
· Keep record of all checks and wires processed.
· Performs data entry and spreadsheet management.
· Process incoming mail concerning billing and invoicing.
· Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
· High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
· Minimum of 2 years of Accounts Payable Experience needed with high volume processing
· Ability to maintain high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
· Proficient in Excel knowledge such as of pivot tables and vlookups
· Computer skills and experience with QuickBooks
· English is a requisite; Spanish is a plus
· Excellent interpersonal skills, High attention to detail.
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Very effective organizational skills
· Vendor relationships and Data entry abilities
· PC proficiency
· Data entry skills
· General math skills
· Organization and initiative, good communications skills, proactive, time management, discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes
· Ability to build good relationships. There will be frequent contact with internal and external people, either face to face or by telephone or email
· Teamwork- collaborating with others to improve overall standards of work and service
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to individually lift up to 25 lbs.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours and may be asked to work weekends.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
Must pass a drug screening
Must have reliable transportation
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time-off program.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Preferred)
- Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Miami, FL (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday