Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will maintain records of goods ordered and received and is responsible for accurate recordkeeping and reporting of such information within the Accounting and Finance departments, including processing invoices and employee expense reports in a timely manner. The AP Clerk will communicate with vendors, associates, and the purchasing team to ensure all accounts are kept current by reviewing purchase orders, receipts and entering invoices and verifying statements from vendors. This position may perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks that may be required from time to time by the other members of the Accounting/Finance team.
- Maintaining purchase order trackers for multiple entities
- Reviewing invoices for appropriate documentation and obtaining approval of charges prior to posting to the accounts payable ledger
- Liaising with vendors, including requesting invoice copies, reconciling statements, obtaining required forms for new vendors and answering/researching all vendor questions as needed
- Matching invoices to purchase order requests for multiple entities
- Processing payments to vendors in a timely manner while maintaining outstanding check lists
- Reviewing, approving, and reimbursing approved employee expense report submissions
- Assisting in developing and implementing more effective accounts payable and purchasing processes
- Preforming general office duties, as required
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- 1-3 years of Accounts Payable experience, including prior experience within a full cycle AP department, with a thorough understanding of debits and credits
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience with procurement processes and purchase order cycling
- Accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail while processing AP documents for multi entities.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the keen ability to effectively engage with customers, vendors and co-workers
- Working knowledge of and adherence to the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Physical and mental requirements: The flexibility to work extended hours, especially towards month and year end.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Frequently communicates with other employees. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.