( https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Surterra-Wellness/Jobs )
The Accounts Payable Clerk will maintain records of goods ordered and received and is responsible for accurate record keeping and reporting of such information within the accounting and finance department. This includes processing invoices and employee expense reports in a timely manner. This position may perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks that may be required from time to time by the other members of the Accounting/Finance team.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain purchase order tracker for multiple entities.
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and obtain approval of charges prior to posting in accounts payable ledger.
- Liaison with Vendors (request invoice copies, reconcile statements, obtain required forms for new vendors, answer all vendor questions including research for questions if needed).
- Match invoices to purchase order requests for multiple entities.
- Process payments to vendors in a timely manner while maintaining outstanding check lists.
- Review, approve, and reimburse approved employee expense report submissions.
- Assist in developing and implementing more effective accounts payable and purchasing processes.
- General office duties, as required.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Prior experience within a full cycle AP department, with a thorough understanding of debits and credits.
- Familiarity with procurement processes and purchase order cycling.
- Accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail while processing AP documents for multi entities.
- High standard of both written and verbal communication with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Team player mentality yet effective time management skills while working with little supervision.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive company infor mation.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Results driven.
6 CORE VALUES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionality.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off- load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.