Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Supervisor, Accounts Payable will manage the Accounts Payable team, direct the processing of invoices and payments, oversee the expense reimbursement process, 1099 processing and manage day-to-day accounts payable activities. This position will work closely with the Director of Shared Services and Market Controllers on evaluating current processes and procedures, identifying and prioritizing opportunities for improvement. The Supervisor, Accounts Payable may perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks that may be required by other members of the Accounting and Finance teams.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Developing and implementing procedures, policies and internal controls necessary to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Coordinating various processes, including, but not limited to, payment of vendors, processing of invoices, approval/reimbursement of expense reports, and preparation of 1099’s
- Hiring, training and supervising accounts payable staff
- Serving as primary point of contact for vendors
- Timely completion of any month-end close tasks assigned to accounts payable team (this will include monthly reconciliation of the accounts payable ledger to the general ledger).
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in Accounts Payable, including 2 years of supervisory/management experience
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting and Business preferred
- Effective time management and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong accounting skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.