Accounts Payable Supervisor – Surterra – Tampa, FL
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will be responsible for managing day-to-day accounts payable activities. This person will work closely with the Accounting Manager and Group Controller on evaluating current processes/procedures and identifying/prioritizing opportunities for improvement. This person will then take the lead on implementing necessary process improvements. The Accounts Payable Supervisor may perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks that may be required from time to time by other members of the Accounting/Finance team.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement procedures, policies and internal controls necessary to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Coordinate various processes, including, but not limited to, payment of vendors, processing of invoices, approval/reimbursement of expense reports, and preparation of 1099’s.
- Hire, train and supervise accounts payable staff.
- Serve as primary point of contact for vendors.
- Timely completion of any month-end close tasks assigned to accounts payable team (this will include monthly reconciliation of the accounts payable ledger to the general ledger).
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in accounts payable, including 2 years working in a supervisory capacity.
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment,.
- Results Driven.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.