Analytical Chemist – Curaleaf – Mount Dora, FL
Curaleaf is a leading vertically integrated medical and wellness cannabis operator in the United States. Curaleaf is committed to being the industry’s leading resource in education and advancement through research and advocacy. Curaleaf leverages its extensive research and development capabilities to distribute cannabis products in multiple formats with the highest standard for safety, effectiveness, consistent quality and customer care.
The Analytical Chemist analyzes samples using a range of techniques including electro-chromatography, high performance liquid chromatography and spectroscopy in accordance with Curaleaf’s Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and the state regulatory guidelines.
- Review data for adherence to quality control parameters and submit reports to clients.
- Analyzing samples consisting of a variety of matrices using traditional laboratory technologies such as HPLC.
- Checking in and preparing samples for analysis via solid-phase or liquid-liquid extraction techniques.
- Ensure that all data generated meet quality control requirements.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Work with laboratory team to meet reporting deadlines.
- HPLC operation and data analysis.
- Responsible for quality control and quality assessment activities to assure problems occurring within the laboratory are identified and corrected and the corrections are monitored for effectiveness and timeliness.
- Maintain lab cleanliness and ensure use of proper aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Perform and assist in other duties, responsibilities, or projects as needed and directed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or similar field.
- 3+ years or more of industry experience as an analytical chemist with direct HPLC experience and at least 1 year of experience in a regulated laboratory.
- Must be 21 years of age or older, be a Florida state resident and be able to pass an extensive background check.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with data entry and computer applications.
- Strong ability to multi-task and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as business develops based on clients testing needs.
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer