Analytical Chemist – MedMen – Eustis, FL
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
MedMen seeks an Analytical Chemist to facilitate and manage the development of GC-MS / LC-MS methodologies and data analysis to support the optimization of product cultivation and processing. The candidate will utilize and implement GLP/GMP to analyze and measure specific cannabis phytochemicals for the standardization of production and manufacturing of medical cannabis products. This candidate will work closely with and under the direct supervision of the Lab Director and Manager to implement a strategic structure for quality assessment/regulation for the Cannabis industry that parallels that of established regulatory bodies (i.e. FDA). The ideal candidate will possess the knowledge and experience of method development using GC-MS and LC-MS instruments, which includes but not limited to: calibration builds, knowledge of QC/QA procedures, pipetting techniques, data analysis/reporting, and laboratory management. Depending on state and federal regulations, this position has the potential in management of analytical laboratories outside California.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Forward looking skills in determining a battery of tests that will be required to support a product development program.
- Ability to develop new methods as well as perform routine assays in a more controlled environment.
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Familiarity with day-to-day operations and maintenance in an analytical department.
- Meticulous lab skills and record keeping, excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and educational skills
- Flexibility, preparedness to adjust to rapidly developing priorities and carry multiple responsibilities in a start-up environment
- Comfortable working in a close-knit team Computer proficiency, especially with MS Excel
- Gas Chromatography method optimization and development.
- Data Analysis and summary reporting.
- Solvent serial dilutions
- Laboratory consumables management and inventory.
- Laboratory instrument management
- Cannabis sample processing and testing
- SOP drafting and development
- Execution of GMPs and GLPs
Work is carried out in a research and development laboratory. While performing the duties of this job, the employee handles hazardous chemicals in the laboratory. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, steel toe shoes, lab coat, and in the plant, a hard hat. Library work is required. An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to corporate and/or plant policies, rules and regulations in these areas is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS/BA in the Sciences (preferably Biological Science, Organic Chemistry or Pharmacology).
- 2 yrs experience in audited/regulated laboratory environment. (Small BioTech/Collaborative experience is welcome)
Preferred Education and Experience
- MBA or other master’s degree in an analytical field.
- Ability to develop analytical models.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successful complete and pass background and drug screen, and live scan.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.