If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website;
The business is a “blue-collar” manufacturing-based operations-oriented work place and the ideal candidate will have experience working in a like or similar environment.
This position is assigned to the testing laboratory within the Trulieve processing facility. Responsibilities of the position include the analysis of specimens by various analytical instrumentation (HPLC, GC-FID, GC-MS and LC-MS-MS); interpretation, review and reporting of results in a timely manner; assistance in review and updating standard operating procedures, shift staff supervision, participating in safe laboratory practices and maintaining laboratory instrumentation.
Title: Analytical Chemistry Technician, Lead, 2nd Shift
55% performs test sample extractions or dilutions and executes instrumental analysis using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), gas chromatography (GC) equipped with various detectors according to established standard operating procedures. Tunes, calibrates, evaluates analytical instrumentation daily before use and incorporates quality control (QC) tests within batches of test samples. Reviews and prepares accurate sample results describing results as found.
10% performs supervisory responsibilities for the second shift, including time checks, daily performance reviews, shift work assignments and resolving technical issues and questions.
05% maintains an accurate list of test specimens received into the laboratory. Reviews each specimen for proper number and tracking throughout testing. All errors or discrepancies must be identified before sample testing begins.
15% reviews, maintains and assists in updating the laboratory’s standard operating procedures (SOP). Collects, records or tabulates pertinent QC, daily test mix or other similar data and reviews findings with supervisor at least monthly or as events dictate. Participates in the evaluation of new or improved methodology and training of new subordinates.
10% actively participates in the care and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and equipment according to both the manufacturers recommendations and standard operating procedures. Assists laboratory in the routine inventory and ordering of consumable supplies so that at no time is laboratory out of stock of routine items. Assists laboratory director in the recommendation, evaluation and order of new laboratory instrumentation or equipment.
5% practices and actively participates in laboratory safety and performs other work-related duties as required.
Normal Work Schedule – The normal work schedule is 3:00 pm-11:30pm, 5 days per week, Sunday through Saturday. Work will normally be conducted according this schedule, however, there may on occasion be periods of work in excess of 40 hours per week
- The preferred minimum qualifications for the position include a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field.
- Appropriate college course or work experience work may substitute at an equivalent rate for the preferred qualifications.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in using HPLC, GC, GC-MS or prior experience in testing cannabis products in the work place.
The incumbent should possess the following KSA’s (knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Knowledge of scientific principles, terminology and techniques related to cannabis processing and testing
- Knowledge of laboratory practices which ensure safety, accuracy and efficiency
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures which guide employees at Trulieve
- Skills in the proper use of analytical instrumentation and equipment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, efficiently manage time, utilize problem solving skills and techniques, keep detailed and accurate records and maintain confidentiality concerning laboratory matters.
- Ability to supervise, interact and work cooperatively with laboratory staff
- Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and the range is $50k-$60k annually. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
We are an EOE company