Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Area Manager, Retail is responsible for leading, managing, and full oversight of store processes in the assigned area; creates short- and long-term plans to ensure alignment, if applicable. Delivers excellence within the area through effective leadership. Designs and develops strategic plans to effectively manage stores and meet/or exceed performance through its sales and P&L, operational processes, and compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and company standards. Responsible for the oversight of operations by tracking and analyzing data to provide guidance to store managers on sales targets, financial goals, payroll, and KPI’s to improve store performance. Builds cross-functional relationships to support company initiatives, alignment, and interdepartmental collaboration. Partners with Human Resources to maintain an engaged and effective workforce through recruiting, talent management, compensation, and employee relations.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Execute against and monitor company established Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and financial goals to generate measurable results against company and brand specific initiatives.
- Daily management of retail leadership teams and operations activity in the market. Regularly visit all locations to monitor execution of key initiatives, advance engagement, and work directly with the teams.
- Communicate and assist in execution of strategic and operational objectives
- Ensure operating procedures are followed in accordance to (SOP’s) and company policies through store audits; create corrective action plan and assign as appropriate
- Improve operational management systems, processes, and best practices
- Assist in inventory control and oversee store efficiency of inventory processes
- Analyze operational metrics and implement improvements solutions
- Work within established standards of performance and budgetary guidelines; drive sales, profitability, manage labor and costs.
- Gather analytics data and build strategies to increase revenue, staff experience, customer experience, and to better manage profit and loss.
- Partners with compliance to ensure operating procedures meet the regulatory requirements and followed at the stores; may draft and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Collaborates with Human Resources to manage workforce, including developing recruiting strategies, equitable and fair compensation, policy interpretation, talent management, compliance etc.
- Provide feedback on performance regularly, issuing individual development plans, coaching, and disciplinary action and recommended actions for improvement and growth.
- Critical in maintaining a pipeline of future leaders through hiring, training, and continually developing and promoting employees at all levels within the organization
- Set annual SMART goals in partnership with Market leaders and cascade them through assigned are, holding store managers accountable to their set goals.
- Organize and run productive meetings that include agendas and the recording of minutes and action items.
- Assists with new store openings
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervisory or managerial role
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Advance Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Operates with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans
- Ability to identify top talent, network, recruit, create and maintain high performing teams
- Leads by example and treats everyone with dignity and respect
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to travel 75% of the time
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Consistently operates a computer and other office devices
- Travel for prolong periods of time
- Able to remain stationary or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.