**This Area Manager will be in charge of locations that range 1-3 hours across the central district of the state — travel is required***
The Area Manager is responsible for the success and leadership of the Surterra Wellness Retail stores in their territory through management of exceptional customer service, sales, operations and high-performance people. This position will require the candidate to be hands on and have a strong in store presence. The Area Manager must drive profitable growth and achieve financial goals set forth for the region by utilizing business data to analyze and influence performance.
The Area Manager will drive success through the achievement of financial goals and KPI’s such as customer service, brand expression, engagement, retention, conversion, payroll, P&L and inventory management. The successful candidate will ensure that the stores contributions are meeting and exceeding targets, that stores operations are running smoothly and efficiently, and that all compliance standards are successfully met.
The Area Manager is an integral part of the selling floor, spending most of their time coaching, leading, and developing the team to deliver on sales and service goals. The Area Manager is responsible for recruiting, hiring, coaching and developing a team of exceptional Store Managers and Guides. The successful candidate will be required to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external business partners to maximize the success of their business.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a best in class experience exists for customers through the effective execution of customer service, selling and training; maintaining a consistent level across all locations.
- Initiate clear strategic vision, lead and manage the future growth of the Retail locations in the designated territory.
- Provide a leadership presence to all store employees that represent the organization’s values and culture.
- Exceed sales goals and performance metrics through the implementation of revenue building strategies.
- Prioritize time and schedules to be present in store 80% of the time, branch doors 4 days a week.
- Be the marketplace expert and understand the competitive landscape, business risk and opportunities.
- Work closely with Sr Director of Retail Sales, Sr Director of Operations and Marketing teams to bring new opportunities, feedback or challenges for the growth.
- Confident and skillful coach and manager to the team. Comfortable navigating difficult conversations with professionalism, poise and kindness; actively provide coaching and feedback to develop the employees in their position and help them grow.
- Ensure consistent training for the selling staff on customer service, product, brand, sales techniques, marketing initiatives are executed within company standards.
- Ensure that each Store Manager and Assistant Operations Manager has the right training and skill-set to drive their business and develop their teams while working according to the company strategy and guidelines.
- Lead and develop Store Managers and Assistant Operations Managers; inspire and develop through coaching and mentoring. Set clear expectations and hold teams accountable for performance results.
- Support education, working closely with the Field Education team to schedule training and consistent skills development. Ensure all training is delivered on brand with the desired service and selling skills.
- Achieve operational excellence through timely monitoring of reports to meet or exceed all financial objectives with regards to expense control, and store contribution.
- Ensure compliance and regulatory standards are met & maintained across all stores.
- Manage budget, resources, staffing, and operations in accordance with business priorities. Own the P&L for assigned region.
- Flag inventory opportunities, as applicable and ensure that the flow of inventory i.e. reserve ahead, and full-service interactions are seamless for an exceptional customer experience.
- Conduct ongoing review of key performance indicators and results; identify patterns or trends; respond to sales, business, and social media trends. Work with Sr Director of Retail Sales, Sr Director of Operations, and Field Education to recommend adjustments as needed.
- Ensure that all visual standards are met and maintained in accordance to brand expectation.
- Evaluate and review strengths and opportunities for new and existing team members. Develop a plan to improve performance.
- Demonstrate strong team building skills: Create clear expectations and delivers necessary tools to execute in a timely manner.
- Maintain strategies for recruitment, people development, retention, and succession planning for retail stores, in partnership with the Sr Director of Sales and the Human Resources team.
- Closely monitor, educate, and coach all new team members during their first two weeks.
- Train Store Managers and Assistant Operations Manager on Company Operations Standards and SOPs.
- Work swiftly to fill all open positions with quality leadership and brand representatives. Create a bench of candidates to mitigate vacancy.
- Maintain on-boarding strategies that set leadership and team up for success.
- Closely collaborate with marketing and Provider Advocate teams to implement localized marketing strategies.
- Maintain and enforce a culture of compliance for all activities with strict adherence to the Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state and federal agencies such as OSHA.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 8 or more years in retail or customer service with at least 5 years in a management role.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans.
- Proven ability to provide leadership that motivates teams to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets.
- Ability to identify top talent, network, recruit, create and maintain high performing teams.
- Proven operation and merchandising excellence.
- Retail and cannabis industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems.
- Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION AND MISSION
As Parallel, our vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
6 CORE VALUES OF A PARALLEL ASSOCIATE
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.