Asset Protection Manager – Surterra – Florida
**This position operates remote as at an at home worker.**
This position operates with direct supervision from the Director of Asset Protection. It assists with developing the strategy and implementation for regulatory compliance with state law and regulations, as well as municipal regulations applicable throughout all of Company’s locations and operations. Verifies and maintains software and technology is in place to adequately provide oversight, security, and monitoring in all required areas. This position operates remote as at an at home worker.
Ensures all security equipment, cameras, alarms, locks, safes, emergency notification equipment, internal communications equipment, panic buttons and other kinds of security equipment are in place and functioning correctly to insure the security of all Company personnel, products and facilities and in all areas where the Company handles, processes, grows, stores, ships or sells cannabis therapeutics.
Advises internal management on the implementation or operation of compliance and security programs. Monitors compliance and security systems, policies, and procedures to ensure their effectiveness. Files appropriate compliance and security- related reports with regulatory agencies to assist the Director of Asset Protection as necessary.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Security and Compliance Program Management:
- Assists in the development or implementation of security and compliance-related policies and procedures throughout an organization.
- Advises internal management on the implementation or operation of security and compliance programs.
- Provides assistance to internal or external consultants and auditors in security and compliance reviews.
- Monitors all security systems – internal and external and compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness.
- Designs or implements improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of security and compliance standards.
- Provides employee training on security compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Prepares management reports regarding security compliance operations and progress.
- Works closely with Company legal on all matters concerning legal interpretation of legislation, emerging regulatory changes and new requirements.
- Seeks legal opinion prior to implementing procedures and protocols to ensure legality and compliance standards are met.
- Oversees all security devices, policies, and procedures, maintaining security systems, and ensuring compliance within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures that all staff have appropriate licensure, training and certifications to perform their duties as armed asset protection specialists.
- Monitors security and compliance systems for effectiveness.
- Directs internal investigations of security or compliance issues.
- Management/Liaison of all 3rd party security personnel.
- Conducts internal reviews and audits; and serving as the point of contact for all security and compliance issues as assigned by the Director of Asset Protection.
Security and Compliance:
- Exercises positive control of the movement of highly sensitive merchandise and ensures strict adherence to policies and protocols to mitigate risk of loss through theft or pilferage.
- Keeps informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Reports violations of product or building security and compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
- Verifies that security systems and software technology is in place to adequately provide oversight and monitoring in all required areas.
- Oversees internal and external reporting systems such as ingress/egress record keeping, product handling procedures, storage procedures, product display and dispensing processes, transportation procedures, facility opening and closing rules, external security systems and procedures, procedures for accessing restricted areas, suspected diversion procedures, procedures for dealing with internal emergencies or incidents, waste disposal, changes in employee information, and patient records.
- Reviews and suggest modification of policies or operating guidelines to comply with changes in standards or regulations.
- Conducts or directs the internal investigation of security and compliance issues.
- Manages all security personnel in the assigned area, both in-house and outsourced.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Maintains documentation of security and compliance activities, such as applications and reports submitted, complaints received, or investigation outcomes.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of applicable state laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of building and implementation of external and internal security procedures including cameras, electronic communications and alarms and warnings.
- Ability to quickly obtain knowledge of safe and secure growing, storing transporting, and dispensing of cannabis.
- Ability to quickly react to changing regulatory requirements and modify practices and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Strong communications skills are required as the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining dialog and relationships with state and local officials, law enforcement, landlords, as well as the directors, management, and employees of Company.
- Experience as a Law Enforcement Officer whether Federal, State or Local (both supervisory and investigative experience) or Military (CID / OSI / NCIS).
- Excellent analytical skills a plus.
- Must be able to operate in hot environments for extended time.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time while driving.
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.