“Trulieve Grows One Patient at a Time”
If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation in you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
Our specially trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
Requisition ID: 855
Remote Work Available: No
Assistant General Manager
Location: Nation-wide, state-specific
Job title: Assistant General Manager- Retail
At Trulieve, we are in the business of improving people’s lives. We bring our purpose to life by creating life-enhancing experiences in the communities we serve, navigating our business lines with excellence, and dedicating ourselves to shaping the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. As a team that connects, enlightens, and empowers, Trulieve is looking for people who are inspired by our vision and wish to grow with us as we continue our national expansion. If you too would like to improve people’s lives, we’d like to learn more about you.
The Trulieve Way is defined by our people. We are committed to our values and have created a culture of trust, but we also remember to have fun. Here are a few more reasons why Trulieve is a great place to be:
- Competitive pay
- Attractive insurance benefits and options
- Paid time off
- Professional development and workplace happiness initiatives
We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space where everyone can make an impact on Trulieve’s success. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
As an Assistant General Manager, you will support and partner with the General Manager to motivate and mentor 20+ employees. You will be inspiring a team of great people committed to creating a welcoming environment and making Trulieve the #1 dispensary. The Retail Assistant General Manager must have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership and motivational skills with high customer service expectations, and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Support and partner with the GM to ensure maximum profitability and sales growth in all store functions by managing expense budgets, including deposits, accounts receivable, payroll, shrink, and profit and loss.
- Support and partner with the GM to maintain quality customer service by establishing and enforcing company standards, handling customer inquiries, and resolving any complaints.
- Support and partner with the GM to utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
- Support and partner with the GM to coordinate with the Trulieve retail ops, procurement and marketing team to understand the success of promotions, coupons, etc. and to recommend future promotions and sales.
- Support and Partner with the GM to perform inventory audits, assessments of productivity, and of new merchandise in partnership with other departments.
- Adhere to all cannabis state-specific regulations and laws, execute and enforce compliance efforts.
- In collaboration with the GM, review dispensary environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the team and take action to achieve operational goals.
- Manage, Coach, and Lead by example in strong customer service practices and driving sales to meet daily sale goals.
- Train and develop direct reports to ensure successful growth month-over-month.
- Responsibility for continued employee professional development and appreciation.
- Identify and address staff training and needs.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process to build a team to deliver legendary customer service and patient care.
- Develop staff to achieve their full potential.
- Develop and lead daily, weekly and monthly team meetings.
- Establish schedule for the retail staff on a weekly basis including team member time-off.
- Maintain a positive attitude and instill the same in others to promote teamwork.
- Manage through challenging events to keep dispensary operating above standard.
- Manage with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes culture, values and the mission of Trulieve.
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
- Must successfully pass state law requirements to obtain applicable licensure and credentials.
- Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- 3+ years in leadership/people management roles in a retail, hospitality, and/or sales setting is required-or equivalent
- Cannabis experience and/or knowledge strongly preferred
- If necessary, ability to work 7 days per week (including holidays) and to be flexible with schedule.
- Previous success managing a location with P&L responsibility is required.
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, and team development is required.
- Experience with frequent interaction with customers, fulfilling the requests of customers, and taking responsibility for addressing customer issues, questions or suggestions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines, strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn state-specific cannabis laws and regulatory compliance is required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 10 pounds if relevant to job duties listed above.
- Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they’re completed effectively the first time.
- Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.
- The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Trulieve management.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
Trulieve provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.