Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Assistant Grower operates alongside the Cultivation Supervisor and is responsible for the growing, care and maintenance to ensure the production of the highest quality plant available.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Support techniques and practices in all areas of cultivation of cannabis including propagation, transplanting, pruning, irrigation, fertilization, pest management, and disease detection and management.
- Perform cultivation operations, including harvest, trim, cure and finishing processes, ensuring that production timelines follow established production plans.
- Maintain the integrity of cultivation areas and assist the cultivation of the best low-THC, high-CBD medical cannabis in the country
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- 3+ years’ experience working with soil and water pH and EC, as well as mixing fertilizers
- Understanding and knowledge of cultivation of plants including agricultural and handling practices
- Experience with proper nutrient management including identifying and resolving deficiencies
- Experience with crop pests including identifying disease problems and how to treat pressures
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management abilities
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation
- AA or Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources, or similar field Bilingual (Spanish)
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- The ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting
- The ability to work in extreme weather
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day
- The ability to ascend/descend a ladder
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.