Assistant Grower – Surterra – Wimauma, FL
This position operates alongside Horticulturist to ensure the production of the highest quality plant available. Follows established policies and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks. Supports techniques and practices in all areas of cultivation of cannabis including propagation, transplanting, pruning, irrigation, fertilization, pest management, and disease detection and management. Maintains the integrity of cultivation areas and supports the cultivation of the best low-THC, high-CBD medical cannabis in the country.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facility Operations – Support facility operations as a member of the cultivation team to produce the highest quality low-THC, high-CBD medical cannabis possible.
- Production – Support and perform cultivation operations, including harvest, trim, cure and finishing processes, ensuring that production timelines follow established production plans.
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Natural Recourses or similar.
- Understanding and knowledge of the cultivation of plants.
- Experience working with soil and water pH and EC, as well as mixing fertilizers.
- Experience with good agricultural practices as well as good handling practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Experience working with nutrient deficiencies and how to identify the deficiency.
- Experience working with crop pests including how to identify and how to treat the pressures.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation.
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing
- Comfort with security protocols, including video monitoring and employee tracking.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to work in extreme weather.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
- The ability to ascend/descend a ladder to service lights and fans.
SURTERRA CORE QUALITIES
Be Ethical – Do everything with impeccable integrity. Be radically transparent, fair and honest with each other. Do what you say you are going to do. Be trustworthy. Avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination. Hold people accountable without emotion. Comply with regulations. Integrity is a pass/fail quality; you must have it to work with us.
Be a Champion – Always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand. Empower our patients to find their wellness. Support their doctors’ recommendations with respect. Be a constant learner in support of patients’ need for information. Partner with patients to make the best choices for their well-being. Fight for their rights to do so.
Be Bold – Be curious, creative and an exemplar of the Surterra brand in all your interactions. Be bold and innovative. Dream big, take chances. Investigate and learn with every challenge. Think three steps ahead and make a plan. Set the strategy and execute against it. Speed counts.
Be United – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect. Create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard. Listen objectively to opposing views. Be diplomatic in response to adversity. Always assume good intentions. Build consensus among competing ideas and personalities. Be a strong teammate. Show compassion to everyone.
Be Efficient – Employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives. Simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions. Automate processes wherever possible. Teach others how to operate within a process. Never confuse motion for progress.
Be Well – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment. Remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations. Accept the inevitability of changing priorities and redirect as needed. Think on your feet. Be resilient and show grit in the face of challenges. Avoid taking offense and never be defensive. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness. Set your boundaries and respect the boundaries of others. Lead by example from the front.
Be Wise – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in any given situation. Weigh the advantages of competing demands in a regulated industry. Make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the business. Say no to good ideas in favor of the best ideas. Remain open to new information and adapt accordingly. Use good judgment on appropriate use of limited resources.
Be Articulate – Show up with confidence. Communicate with enthusiasm. Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner. Convey nuances of meaning accurately. Match styles of communication to each audience and purpose. Demonstrate executive presence with confidence, decisiveness, dignity and poise.