Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for operational success that enables excellent customer service by ensuring scheduling, merchandising, communications and compliance are maintained for the store. In addition, motivates and creates a collaborative work environment to provide excellent customer service. Meets and exceed the store’s financial goals and KPI’s. Assists in managing the overall P&L, inclusive of payroll, to ensure store’s contributions are meeting and exceeding targets and guaranteeing that store operations are running smoothly and efficiently in accordance to standards.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Prioritize time and energies in store to join the staff on the selling floor; coaching and developing the team; and leading by example
- Positive representation of the brand
- Deliver the full customer service experience, continuously identifies opportunities and determines appropriate solutions to ensure the customers’ needs are met
- Responds to all customer concerns and acts when necessary to resolve
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Responsible for driving sales to meet and exceed targets. Assisting the Store Manager in meeting all financial goals, including management of the P+L, payroll and store budgets.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the store creating an appealing environment for the customers to explore.
- Create store schedules which drive sales opportunities and maximizes the customer experience. Partner with the Store Manager to ensure staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided always.
- Successfully prepare for and support company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
- Assist with local events ensuring a successful execution as directed by the Store Manager.
- Assist Store Manager with people management in store, recruiting, training, coaching and developing top talent to grow within the organization.
- Partner with Store Manager during recruiting process providing feedback on potential candidates.
- Help build a productive and dynamic team by creating strong relationships and connections with employees, customers, and the community based on a common passion for cannabis.
- Identifies areas of opportunity, provides feedback, coaches, and creates action plans to improve performance and support growth and development.
- Occasionally provide support as needed to home store and stores within the area.
- Responsible for the store’s daily presentation. Ensures the store operations are run smoothly, safely and efficiently and according to standards.
- Responsible for following and administering all company policies and procedures.
- Office Administration: Responsible to read, interpret and communicate messages from Corporate Store Operations; ensure all staff members are informed and takes proper action, updates bulletin boards and other communication avenues in store.
- Maintains, reviews and approves timekeeping records for the staff, ensuring accuracy and submits for payment.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving. Preparing, setting timelines and delegating tasks amongst the team to ensure merchandise is stocked is completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the management of processing damages/returns and the organization; escalates concerns to leadership.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies and managing the supply budget and inventory. Ensures the budget is met on a monthly and annual basis and stock levels are managed so that all items remain in stock.
- Customize the visual direction to fit the store dimensions, communicate timelines and execute the floor set with precision and on time.
- Organization of all areas back of house, creating an orderly and tidy environment for the staff where product is easy to locate and ensures standards of cleanliness throughout the store.
- Manage Cycle Counting as applicable.
- Conducts audits to ensure the store is compliant with all environmental operations requirements and document per company standards
- Manage third party vendors as required.
- Manage banking and tracks variances; escalates as appropriate.
- Administers all operational company policies and procedures.
- Identifies gaps and/or improvements and partners with management to solve.
- Ensure all patient files are current and required documentation is on file and follows all guidelines issued by the State of Florida and HIPPA.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable state and local laws, as well as documentation processes in accordance with the State of Florida Office of Compassionate Use.
- Closely monitor, educate, and coach all new team members during their first two weeks.
- As the Manager on Duty, provide associate coaching and training to ensure all store processes align with Standard Operating Procedures, safe practices, cannabis knowledge, and customer service goals.
- Partner with Store Manager to evaluate and review strengths and opportunities for new and existing team members.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience (Preferred)
- Retail and cannabis industry experience (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient to advance level (Preferred)
- Proven track record of leadership capabilities
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Proven operational and merchandising experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask, plan, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans.
- Ability to identify top talent, motivate, train and upskill high potential employees
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify and determine solutions
- Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence and ability to build relationships in store and cross-functionally
- Passionate about the importance of medical marijuana
- Two or more fault accidents in the last three years with no moving violations.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, counting, calculating and computer processing operations.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. unassisted.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery
- Kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching for things on shelving with assisted ladders throughout the duration of the shift
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.