Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Maintain a strong presence on the floor to build relationships with customers, support and develop the team and drive revenue.
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Responsible for driving sales to meet and exceed targets. Assist the Store Manager in meeting all financial goals, including management of the P+L, payroll and store budgets.
- Successfully prepare for and support company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
Leadership & Education
- Continuously train, coach, and provide qualitative feedback using the performance management process to improve team engagement and performance.
- Provide training to ensure all store processes align with Standard Operating Procedures, safe practices, cannabis knowledge, and customer service goals.
- Responsible for the store’s daily presentation including visual direction.
- Responsible for reading, interpreting, and communicating messages from Corporate Store Operations and takes proper action including updates bulletin boards and other communication avenues in store.
- Responsible for staff time management including timekeeping, scheduling and creating store schedules. Partner with the Store Manager to ensure staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided.
- Responsible for organization of all areas back of house which includes managing the supply budget, inventory oversight and maintaining stock levels.
- Conducts audits and maintain accurate records of all activities including customer records and enforce a culture of compliance for all activities with strict adherence to the State of Florida Office of Compassionate Use and Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Age 21 or over (REQUIRED)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (REQUIRED)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (REQUIRED)
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Proven operations, retail and cannabis industry experience
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient to advance level
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask, plan, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Demonstrate independent, strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position
- Ability to assist with lifting stock and materials
- Routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones or photocopiers.
- Occasionally positions self to retrieve product or materials in the store, including accessing shelving in the storage area.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.