Assistant Retail Manager – Aphria – Boca Raton, FL
- Oversee and perform all functions associated with management and oversight of a retail medical marijuana dispensary operating under licensure from the Florida Department of Health and Social Services.
- Administer routine inspections to maintain the accurate inventory of all cannabis products.
- Manage and supervise the activities of dispensary staff(including patient counselors, dispensary technicians, schedulers, and receptionists), and make recommendations or decisions regarding hiring, discipline, termination,or advancement of employees.
- Train dispensary staff to ensure a consistent performance and knowledge base of company standard operating procedures, a comprehensive understanding of all marijuana and marijuana-infused or derived products being sold to patients, and best practices for dispensary personnel.
- Manage daily financial reporting requirements and oversee all cash handling procedures.
- Develop and maintain a schedule of all dispensary staff
- Communicate any patient incidents or complaints to the Operations Director or compliance team.
- Protect patient rights by overseeing the employee HIPAA education program and ensure each employee is maintaining the confidentiality and privacy of protected health information and financial information.
- Oversee patient education and counseling programs. Review and continuously revise information disseminated by the dispensary regarding debilitating conditions, their association with medical cannabis products, side effects, etc.
- Assist the Territory Manager with oversight of the retail, pharmacological research, and patient care and counseling aspects of the dispensary operations.
- Assist in implementation of the strategic plan to guide the dispensary’s operation and expansion.
- Maintain awareness of both external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for improvement, and industry development.
- Assist in ensuring the dispensary’s compliance with all relevant statutes, regulations, and directives in all respects, as well as best practices.
- Strive for patient satisfaction in all respects and ensure a patient-friendly environment at the dispensary.
- Author, maintain, and continuously update standard operating procedures, as directed.17)Establish and oversee physician and provider outreach and education programs.
- Collaborate with the dispensary’s scientific/medical team to conduct research in connection with the palliative and curative potential of cannabis and its constituent cannabinoid chemicals in order to enhance the pharmacological understanding and medicinal value of cannabis and its alleviative effects on symptoms and debilitating conditions.
- other functions as directed by management or the Board.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, extraordinary attention to detail, computer skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office are a must.Clinical or research experience and experience managing others are a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s (Preffered)
- United States (Required)