The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for operational success that enables excellent customer service by ensuring scheduling, merchandising, communications and compliance are maintained for the store. In addition, this person must be a motivating presence, create a collaborative work environment and lead the team to provide excellent customer service to the Surterra Wellness customers in order to meet and exceed the store’s financial goals.
The Assistant Operations Manager assists the Store Manager in managing the overall P&L, inclusive of payroll, to ensure store’s contributions are meeting and exceeding targets and guaranteeing that store operations are running smoothly and efficiently in accordance to the Surterra Wellness standard.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize time and energies in store to join the staff on the selling floor; coaching and developing the team; and leading by example.
- Positive representative of the Surterra Wellness brand.
- Deliver the full Surterra Wellness customer service experience, catering to the customers ‘needs.
- Develops knowledge of trends in industry to provide best service possible and share with the team.
- Responds to all customer concerns and acts when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Responsible for driving sales to meet and exceed targets. Assisting the Store Manager in meeting all financial goals, including management of the P+L, payroll and store budgets.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the store creating an appealing environment for the customers to explore.
- Create store schedules which drive sales opportunities and maximizes the customer experience. Partner with the Store Manager to ensure staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided always.
- Successfully prepare for and support company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
- Assist with local events ensuring a successful execution as directed by the Store Manager.
- Facilitate staff trainings regarding company operational initiatives, ensuring processes, procedures and policies are accurately communicated to the team.
- Participate and advocate for all trainings, support all trainings and assist the Store Manager in ensuring they were delivered on brand and the service knowledge/skills were built with every employee in store.
- Responsible to support a productive and dynamic team by connecting with employees, customers, and the community. These must be strong relationships and connections founded on the common passion for cannabis.
- Confident and skillful coach and manager to the team. Comfortable navigating difficult conversation, with professionalism, poise and kindness; actively provide coaching and feedback to develop employees in their position and help them grow.
- Creates an environment where clear and fair expectations are set, and all employees are treated with respect.
- Step in to fulfill responsibilities of Store Manager as needed.
- Responsible for the store’s daily presentation. Ensures the store operations are run smoothly, safely and efficiently and according to Surterra Wellness standards.
- Responsible for knowing, following and administering all company policies and procedures.
- Office Administration: Store communication and planning. Responsible to read, interpret and communicate messages from Corporate Store Operations. Works to ensure all staff members are informed and takes proper action, updates bulletin boards and other communication avenues in store.
- Reviews and approves timekeeping records for the staff, ensuring accuracy and submits for payment. Maintains record keeping standards.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving. Preparing, setting timelines and delegating tasks amongst the team to ensure merchandise is stocked is completed in a timely manner.
- Acts to reduce loss. Responsible for the management of processing damages/returns and the organization. Alerts the Store Manager to any concerns immediately.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies and managing the supply budget. Ensures the budget is met on a monthly and annual basis and stock levels are managed so that all items remain in stock.
- Maintain all visual merchandising directives.
- Responsible for the successful management of store inventory levels.
- Execute visual displays. Customize the visual direction to fit the store dimensions, communicate timelines and execute the floor set with precision and on time.
- Organization of all areas back of house, creating an orderly and tidy environment for the staff where product is easy to locate when needed.
- Manage Cycle Counting as applicable.
- Execute thorough store audits on time and as directed.
- Ensure the store is compliant with all environmental operations requirements and document per company standards
- Manage third party vendors as required.
- Manage banking.
- Administers all operational company policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent standards of cleanliness, maintenance and organization throughout the store.
- Provide feedback to the Store Manager to inform improvements that are needed.
- Ensure all patient files are current and required documentation is on file and follows all guidelines issued by the State of Florida and HIPPA.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable state and local laws, as well as documentation processes in accordance with the State of Florida Office of Compassionate Use.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervisory or managerial role.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans.
- Proven ability to provide leadership that motivates teams to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets.
- Ability to identify top talent, network, recruit, create and maintain high performing teams.
- Proven operation and merchandising excellence.
- Retail and cannabis industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems.
- Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, Mission, & Values
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
6 CORE VALUES OF A PARALLEL ASSOCIATE
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.