Job Title: Batching Supervisor
Reports to: Oil VSM and AVSM
FLSA Status: Regular Full-time
Manage the intake and batching of existing and new products for a production scale medical cannabis facility.
- Manage all steps in the process including intake, batching, and archiving data.
- Maintain compliance using a centralized tracking system.
- Ensure all product is accounted for according to company policy and procedures.
- Partner with extraction and production teams to identify inventory needs, and manage appropriate inventory levels for production and distribution teams.
- Partner with the Research and Development team to assist in transitioning bench scale to production scale processes as it applies to the Batching department.
- Manage batching inventory based on orders and deadlines.
- Communicate with the demand planner to prepare production for the planned schedule
- Maintain meticulous records of formulas and batch records, while ensuring high quality production standards.
- Possess the ability to weigh, calculate, prepare, and pipette various formulations of cannabinoid-based products.
- Manage small team while creating synergy with members of other departments.
- Create a proactive environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cannabis products, along with GMP.
- Knowledge and understanding of local and state regulations, with an emphasis on continual learning and sharing knowledge with the team.
- Possess the skills and knowledge to identify potential problems, and the flexibility to overcome complications.
- Show self-motivation, innovation, and the ability to work well with all members of his/her staff and the company, as well as with his/her direct supervisor.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational capabilities, as well as strong computer skills to accurately input and manage a centralized cannabis tracking system.
- Have superior time management skills driving efficiency and productivity, and meeting goals while consistently producing high quality finished product.
- Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
Minimum Education and Experience
- College graduate preferred with a background in Chemistry or the Biological Sciences, but not required.
- One to two years’ experience processing cannabis in a regulated facility preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience with terpenes and formulation preferred.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Due to the nature of our business, it is advocated that when representing Trulieve that our professionalism meets the needs of the medical patient base that we respectively serve. To uniformly align with the organization, an individual must be able to provide a level of communication that aligns respectively with the diversification of our patients which may exhibit opportunities to assess the situation and apply meaningful service. In addition, must be able to quickly identify and insert additional support where needed to deescalate situations without compromising Trulieve’s objective in serving our patient base with excellent customer service.
Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance.
45+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on business needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace