Location: Quincy, FL (Higdon)
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 1 to 2 years preferred.
Responsible for the intake and batching of existing products for a production scale medical cannabis facility.
- Assist with all steps in the process including intake, batching, and archives.
- Maintain compliance using a centralized tracking system.
- Ensure all product is accounted for according to company policy and procedures.
- Accurately track batching inventory based on orders and deadlines.
- Maintain meticulous records of formulas and batch records, while ensuring high quality production standards.
- Possess the ability to weigh, calculate, prepare, and pipette various formulations of cannabinoid-based products.
- Lead a small team while creating synergy with members of other departments.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cannabis products, along with GMP.
- Knowledge and understanding of local and state regulations, with an emphasis on continual learning and sharing knowledge with the team.
- Possess the skills and knowledge to identify potential problems, and the flexibility to overcome complications.
- Show self-motivation, innovation, and the ability to work well with all members of his/her staff and the company, as well as with his/her direct supervisor.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational capabilities, as well as strong computer skills to accurately input and manage a centralized cannabis tracking system.
- Have superior time management skills and meeting goals, while consistently producing high quality finished product.
Minimum Education and Experience
- College graduate preferred with a background in Chemistry or the Biological Sciences, but not required.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience processing cannabis in a regulated facility preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience with terpenes and/or flavonoids preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- GMP manufacturing experience preferred.
- Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks.
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection).
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details.
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc., in moderate noise.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 50 hours weekly, with flexible hours depending on needs of the department/plant. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We are an EOE company.