Concordia Village of Tampa (formerly John Knox Village) is looking for an experienced Billing Specialist to join our caring team! Visit our career page at www.ConcordiaCareers.org or visit us at 4100 E. Fletcher Avenue, Tampa, FL 33613.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for overseeing day to day activities including but not limited to monthly charges, cash receipts for third party payers, generation of claims and invoices and collections of outstanding balances.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience with skilled medical billing required
- Can utilize the computer
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Math skills and comfortable working with numbers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Enters monthly charges, generates invoices to be billed to third party insurances and forward items to account payable that need to paid to vendors
2. Initiates refunds or adjustments to accounts, along with audit items requested by insurances
3. Analyzes aged accounts receivable and attends AR meetings
4. Follows up on collections in a timely manner
5. Commits to high ethical standards and complies with the Code of Conduct, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and Concordia policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee records and information. Has a duty to report compliance concerns, significant legal risk questions, fraud, abuse, suspected or actual misconduct to a supervisor/manager or to the Corporate Compliance Officer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Billing: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off