Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Business Analyst supporting Supply Chain IT will provide technical support to end users at Parallel’s Cultivation Facilities, Manufacturing, and Distribution Facilities. This individual works in Parallel’s IT Team and reports directly to the Director of Supply Chain IT. This individual will be physically located at a Cultivation and Manufacturing facility providing day to day support with the Planning, Sourcing, Cultivation, Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Distribution systems to the end users. This role will work side by side with the business operation ensuring the business operation is tooled for maximum efficiency in the present, but also partnering on improvements for the future. The talented individual with excellent customer service skills that takes this opportunity will initially spend her or his time learning and managing data in the Seed to Sale tracking system. As the Business Analyst (Supply Chain IT) comes up to speed, s/he will support the business operation directly in the Seed to Sale tracking system as well as participate and contribute on other Supply Chain IT projects.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Master Data Management in the Seed to Sale tracking system and WMS system
- Learn and master Parallel’s Supply Chain IT footprint
- Provide excellent internal customer service and be the overall IT partner to the end user base in Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- Translate functional business requirements into detailed functional specifications and technical specifications that are ready for development with little further instruction
- Provide first/second level IT contact and IT problem resolution to the Manufacturing, Cultivation, and Distribution/Warehousing execution team
- Provide bridge between business customer and other areas of IT not primarily owned by Supply Chain IT
- Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution
- Develop and deliver data for KPI reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Track issues, software bugs, and enhancements, in the various Supply Chain systems and follow through to resolution.
- Continually update and improve our Supply Chain IT documentation and training materials
- Continuously improve upon technical skills sets within assigned areas of expertise
- Continuously improve upon soft skill sets required to deliver outstanding customer service
- Deliver on assigned projects, on time
- Research and contribute technical information to the knowledgebase
- Provide applicable onsite training and coaching to the Cultivation, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain operations teams
- Create User Guides for processes and workflows to be used by Manufacturing and Supply Chain operational employees as well as Technology Services support staff
- Assist with testing and deploying new release versions of manufacturing and retail systems updates, upgrades, and migrations to any potential new software system
- Assist with the development and maintenance of training materials, reference guides, work instructions, and/or policies and procedures to ensure successful knowledge transfer and mastery of concepts and processes
- Performs other duties and functions as directed by management
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing related study
- Experience with Supply Chain systems is required: Advanced Planning, Sourcing and Procurement, MES Manufacturing Execution Systems, Cultivation or Agricultural support systems, Distribution and DRP Systems, WMS Warehouse Management Systems, Delivery Routing Systems
- Experience within these systems is required: SAP, JD Edwards Oracle Enterprise One, Oracle NetSuite, Manhattan and Associates, PLEX, Acumatica, Tulip, JDA, Red Prairie, Epicor, Rockwell, Lighthouse, Savant, Datex, Deposco, etc.
- Experience with Seed-to-Sale systems and systems directed towards the Cannabis industry not required but preferred: Flourish, Leaflogix, MJ Freeway, Quantum Leaf, Metric, Biotrack, etc.
- IT project experience is desirable
- SQL experience is desired
- Functional and Technical specification writing proficiency is required
- Experience and understanding of relational databases like Oracle RDBMS, SQLServer, MySQL, NoSQL is preferred
- Microsoft Office competency
- Ability to triage desktop workstation, pc, printer, etc., issues for customer
- Puts importance to maintaining excellent customer relationships, proactively solicits feedback rather than waiting for customer to approach with issues
- Analytical capabilities: determine root causes to issues, create systems solutions to gaps in processes, strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to continue working while waiting on further direction or without direction, an independent and fast learner
- Deal with ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced business environment
- Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to communicate in an efficient and effective manner
- Be a dependable team player with strong business acuity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Manage change and conflict effectively
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly, problem solve in real-time, and be able to adapt to changing environments
- Working knowledge of established Supply Chain and Manufacturing operations
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- The candidate must be able to travel in automobiles and aircraft
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision– why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission– how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.