Cannabis Edibles Kitchen Lead – Trulieve – Midway, FL
If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance while letting nature do her work.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website;
The business is a “blue-collar” manufacturing-based operations oriented workplace and the ideal candidate will have experience working in a like or similar environment.
Cannabis Edibles Kitchen Lead Position
This position exists to prep and cook cannabis-infused edible products within the kitchen in the production department. The edible team lead will help maintain and ensure compliance with our production and kitchen schedule, while safely and efficiently using equipment and supplies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the kitchen.
- Prepare all edibles in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen.
- Follow all GMP, HACCP and Q/A processes in the facility.
- Strictly follow department SOPs, Batch Records, Logs, and associated Forms/Documents.
- Assist in the implementation of Edible Kitchen systems and SOPs.
- Maintain relevant training as new products are introduced.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with a team and have a sense of urgency.
- Ability to stand on feet for long hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to accurately follow recipes and measurements.
- Ability to be trained on various activities, machines, and systems.
- Ability to do monotonous activities without making errors.
- A detail-oriented mindset with a focus on efficiency, quality, and sanitation
- Comprehension of the English language
- One (1) to Five (5) years in a food production facility, experience in baked goods, Bakery, restaurant, hotel or cottage industry
- OR Three (3) to Five (5) years in confectionary production facility, experience cooking with creating candies, taffy, etc.
- OR Three (3) to Five (5) years in chocolate creations, the ability to hand temper chocolate, pour chocolate with consistency, enrobing, truffles, etc.
- Experience with cannabis-infused edibles preferred, but not required
- Previous management experience in a production scale kitchen.
- Experience with cannabis-infused edibles preferred, but not required.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, Per state law.
- Up to date Florida food handlers’ card or an equivalent (serve safe etc.)
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
- Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Education or GED graduate; culinary school or equivalent preferred.
- One to two years’ experience processing cannabis in a regulated facility preferred.
- Previous experience in a licensed cannabis production facility preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, carrying, sitting, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds, manage stairs, and perform typical cleaning of facilities and equipment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 50+ hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
We are an EOE company