Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra wellness in Florida and Texas; New England treatment access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra wellness, coral reefer, and float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The company conducts advanced cannabis science through molecular infusions (mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency, and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveparallel.com.
Parallel is looking for a processing technician II, Manufacturing with the skills to perform and maintain processes related to the production and manufacturing of final dosage forms derived from therapeutic cannabis. Therapeutic cannabis has quickly become one the most dynamic and fastest-growing industries in the United States. As one of only five businesses licensed to cultivate and dispense cannabis in the state of Florida, Parallel is looking to bring safe, natural relief to patients throughout Florida with wellness-driven products that empower the health of our customers.
This position will report to the Production Supervisor. This is a truly unique opportunity to help define an industry and build brand new markets. It is a challenging environment that requires a strong-willed, pioneering spirit with an exceptional work ethic. If you are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy being on the leading-edge, Parallel offers the opportunity to develop a market from the ground up. Our mission is to provide the safest, highest-quality cannabis-based product that empower health and enable our customers to live well.
- Implement established Parallel and Industry best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing process of therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Comply with safety procedures and consult with department supervisor about any safety issues that may arise.
- Understands daily production plan, work flow of all positions within designated area (flower, MIP, Edibles, Soft-Gel)
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality and compliance.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows
- Active participant in training new hires.
- Ability to operate complex manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Understands and has ability to perform tasks for all work stations within designated area (Flower, MIP, Edibles, Soft-Gel) including but not limited to packaging, material handling, quality, pack-out, machine operator)
- Works closely with Lead Processing Technician to support all production, compliance, and quality initiatives.
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a manufacturing and production environment, ability to operate complex manufacturing and packaging equipment. Willingness to be flexible and work between various work stations to meet production plans.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in a production or Manufacturing environment, Soft-Gel manufacturing experience a plus
- Familiarity with quality control, compliance, inventory control. SOP/work instruction development.
- Travel as necessary (between locations).
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/supervision. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision– why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission– how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.