Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra wellness in Florida and Texas; New England treatment access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra wellness, coral reefer, and float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The company conducts advanced cannabis science through molecular infusions (mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency, and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveparallel.com.
Parallel is looking for a detail-oriented Processing Technician for our manufacturing team. Responsibilities of the Processing Technician will include receiving cannabis inventory, inventory tracking/logging, extracting and refining cannabis goods through operation of various machines, and data analysis of production processes.
The Processing Technician will fear no barrier in the pursuit of ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, being a strong teammate, and effectively producing products for the manufacturing team.
- Implement established best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis-based products
- Responsible for daily duties related to the manufacturing process of cannabis-based products
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise
- Responsible for cannabis extracting, cannabis refinement, and overall upkeep of the lab including daily cleaning
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner
- Responsible for physical cannabis products and data inventory
- Keeping open and fluid communication with the management and maintenance teams in case there are machine issues
- Responsible for trouble shooting equipment issues
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows
- Participate in the recruitment process for other team prospective team members
- Trains and supervises all lab staff and evaluates staff performance, as directed by the Lab Supervisor
- Evaluate laboratory documentation and suggests improvements as need
- Work assisting the pre-rolls teams / packaging teams / extraction & distillations teams / refinement / etc. when you have down time
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Preferred 1-2 years’ experience working in manufacturing and/or the cannabis industry.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees and various levels of management. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to multitask and be aware of multiple active processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team with cohesive aspects.
- Florida Resident – residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and manufacturing equipment
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (lifting, pouring, typing)
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs
- Hand and eye coordination
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision– why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission– how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.