Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra wellness in Florida and Texas; New England treatment access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra wellness, coral reefer, and float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The company conducts advanced cannabis science through molecular infusions (mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency, and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveparallel.com.
- Implement established best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis-based products.
- Responsible for daily duties related to the manufacturing process of cannabis-based products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department management about safety issues that may arise.
- Cannabis extracting & refinement
- Operating heavy duty extraction and refinement equipment
- Refine cannabis concentrates
- Formulate cannabis oils
- Daily cleaning of production equipment and production work areas
- Troubleshooting of machines and processes
- Submitting work orders to the maintenance department
- Receiving and sending inventory between departments
- Fill out and review daily laboratory paperwork while correcting/reporting errors in a timely manner.
- Responsible for physical cannabis products and data inventory counts.
- Disposal of cannabis waste in accordance with legal regulations.
- Keeping open and fluid communication with the management and maintenance teams when there are machine issues.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Train and monitor new and current lab staff as needed for cross training.
- Evaluate laboratory documentation and suggests improvements as need.
- Work assisting the pre-rolls teams / packaging teams / extraction & distillations teams / refinement / etc. when you have down time.
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Preferred 3-5 years’ experience working in manufacturing and/or the cannabis industry.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees and various levels of management. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to multitask and be aware of multiple active processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team with cohesive aspects.
- Florida Resident – residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Minimum A.A., B.A./B.S. preferred
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and manufacturing equipment
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (lifting, pouring, typing)
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs
- Hand and eye coordination
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Our values are how we will realize our vision and mission
Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility