Catering Chef – John Knox Village of Florida – Pompano Beach, FL
John Knox Village is seeking a Full Time Catering Chef to provide an outstanding dining experience for Residents and Guests during special events, dinners and parties. Seeking a candidate with a flexible schedule as scheduled times and days will vary based on events.
John Knox Village is a not-for-profit Life Care Retirement Community offering a full range of independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing care options for more than 1,000 senior residents on our 70-acre campus, located in Pompano Beach at 550 SW 3rd Street, convenient to major highways and transportation options.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role include:
- Drive creativity with the menu & presentation of plated dinners, special functions, desserts, and plate presentations.
- Assist Catering Manager to create menus based on client requests.
- Responsible for purchasing food for all catering events, while managing and controlling food costs.
- Track data necessary for managing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Catering.
- Responsible for quality, consistency and presentation of all catering food produced and served.
- Conduct monthly safety & sanitation audits, report results at Manager meeting.
- Work with other department managers to create and implement special monthly themed dinner events, holiday meals and other special parties.
- Consistent interaction with residents and their families to build relationships
We would like to speak to someone who has 2+ years management experience, preferably in the catering, country club setting or equivalent. Comprehensive knowledge of food production and quality dining service, as well as some culinary accreditation i.e. C.I.A., Johnson & Wales, etc. preferred. The ability to plan and direct numerous activities to be held simultaneously will be vital to this role. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and organized individual who has excellent planning and time management skills.
There are many benefits to working for John Knox Village. If you are someone who likes being part of a team, is looking for comprehensive training, on-going education and the ability to be involved in your teams’ decisions, than we would love to speak with you. Full-Time employees are supported by a comprehensive benefits program (eligibility requirements) including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision coverage, 401(k), paid time off and more! John Knox Village is a Drug-free and Tobacco-Free workplace. EOE