Job Summary: The Certified Nursing Assistant or Personal Care Assistant provides care and assistance with the activities of daily living for residents in assisted living.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist residents with activities of daily living as appropriate including assistance with meals.
- Assist nurse as needed with taking and recording vital signs and resident weights as requested.
- Attend to resident complaints and requests, including answering them, required documentation and reporting to supervisor and or the Director of Nursing and the Administrator.
- Notify the nurse in charge whenever a resident shows a change in condition that may require evaluation or medical services.
- Report all incidents and unusual occurrences for residents, staff or visitors in a timely manner.
- Keep the Director of Nursing and Administrator informed of any and all problems at all times.
- Review all task sheets, perform required duties listed on the task sheets and document as required on the task sheets.
- Document pertinent information on the report sheet and in the ECC notes.
- Maintain a chronological written record of services. Submit reports as required.
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the assisted living area, common areas, offices and residents accommodations.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents, visitors and staff. Take action to remove safety hazards and prevent injury.
- Assure resident rights and dignity is maintained at all times.
- Remain cordial to residents, visitors, family members and all staff at all times.
- Cooperate with other departments and support staff in the delivery of care and services to the residents.
- Encourage residents and arrange for participation in social activities.
- Participate in case conferences, in-services and staff meetings.
- Adhere to all Oakview Suites policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all John Knox Village policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all John Knox Village rules such as driving, parking and smoking.
- Follow chain of command.
Educational, Physical, and Other Requirements:
- Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Physical requirements may include frequent use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee may be required to lift, stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and smell. Vision abilities may require close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- For the safety and security of our residents and patients, employees must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in English, which is the most universally used language of our resident and employee population.
- May need to climb a 3- to 6-foot ladder to perform duties such as cleaning and or decorating for holidays and special events.
- Routinely provides assistance to residents and or other staff members which could require lifting, pushing, pulling or balancing the equivalent of 50 pounds or greater at times.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance and reporting to work on time.
- May be required to work nights, weekends or holidays. Needs to be flexible to work other shifts or perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete and maintain all assisted living specific state required trainings.
- Maintain current certified nursing assistant certification if applicable.
Customer/Guest Relations & Communications:
- Must maintain a professional, respectful, friendly demeanor with all residents, family members, guests, and staff at all times.