Co-manager of Hospitality – MedMen – Orlando, FL
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
The Co-Manager of Hospitality is responsible for leading a team that develops, implements and continuously improves all quality, training and customer experience programs. This position is accountable for executing initiatives that facilitate the achievement of all hospitality goals at MedMen.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Development of high customer experience standards, to include a “show time” culture and industry leading customer engagement through sales training and product knowledge.
- Implement a world class hospitality program to drive repeat business through strong local grass roots networking, customer data capture and execution of our loyalty program.
- Work closely with GM and other CO-Managers to exceed sales volume and KPI goals.
- Partner with the MedMen Human Resources team in the following HR functions:
- Interview, recruit and hire to fill gaps in open positions in a timely manner based on store performance and volume tier.
- Train managers and employees in expected customer experience and hospitality standards using appropriate tools such as customer loyalty, customer satisfaction surveys and key KPI’s.
- Set up training calendar and ensure associate onboarding and new hire training is complete.
- Ensure continuous training and development with team members through modules, quizzes, tracking and video content that results in consistency across all stores.
- Write and deliver on team members’ performance in partnership with GM to determine succession plans and build bench strength.
- Performance manage and coach team members on poor performance and violation of company and compliance policies in partnership of GM and HRBP.
- Provide leadership, training, guidance and support to team members that fosters continuous learning and improvement in performance of the stores.
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Relationship Management
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Consulting Skills
- HR Expertise
- Global & Cultural Awareness
This job operates in a professional retail setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work, nights, weekends and holiday availability.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED diploma and three to five years of related experience in supervising training, quality and customer service in retail.
- Microsoft Office skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate degree.
- Sales experience.
- Knowledge of marijuana strains, (indicas, sativas, hybrids), edibles, extracts, and current products on the market a huge plus.
- Dispensary-related experience a plus.
- Provide exemplary customer service, and represent the business with pride.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position does not approve visa requirements, H1-B sponsorship, special clearances, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice