We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
The Co-Manager of Operations is responsible for managing and holding the operations team accountable for policy and procedure, compliance, ingestion and all other operational objectives of MedMen store operations. This position leads a team that implements and continuously improves all accuracy, training and execution of operational initiatives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee and execute all initiatives as outlined on the master calendar.
- Deliver results and strategic direction by ensuring day-to-day operations run smoothly through the store team.
- Work with cross-divisional teams to build consensus on strategic objectives, goals and operational plan.
- Ensure store is audit compliant and achieves acceptable scores.
- Ensure operations team achieves store’s shrink goal.
- Establish and implement operational policies, standards and procedures for retail staff.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and security policies and procedures within retail stores.
- Communicates, works closely and successfully collaborates with other Co-Managers to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Partner with the MedMen Human Resources team in the following HR functions:
- Interview, recruit and hire to fill gaps in open positions in a timely manner based on store performance and volume tier.
- Train managers and employees in expected operational standards using appropriate tools such as SOP’s, compliance audits, MMM and policy and procedures.
- Set up training calendar and ensure associate onboarding and new hire training is complete.
- Ensure continuous training and development with team members through modules, quizzes, tracking and video content that results in consistency across all stores.
- Write and deliver on team members’ performance in partnership with GM to determine succession plans and build bench strength.
- Performance manage and coach team members on poor performance and violation of company and compliance policies in partnership of GM and HRBP.
- Provide leadership, training, guidance and support to team members that fosters continuous learning and improvement in performance of the store.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supervising training, quality and customer service in retail.
- Microsoft Office skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with significant P&L responsibility
- Strong knowledge of retail technology platforms and systems
- Must possess strong analytical skills to assess data, facts and figures used to develop strategies designed to improve the business
“Per Florida statute, a registered caregiver in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMUR) must not be employed by a medical marijuana treatment center or a marijuana testing laboratory, like MME Florida, LLC. Fl. Statutes 381.986 Sec.6. A registered caregiver can relinquish the role of registered caregiver at any time. “
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or operations management or related field
- Store Management experience.
- Knowledge of marijuana strains, (indicas, sativas, hybrids), edibles, extracts, and current products on the market a huge plus.
- Dispensary-related experience a plus.Provide exemplary customer service and represent the business with pride.
This person is directly responsible for managing the operations team.
This job operates in a professional retail setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires a flex schedule, long hours, nights, weekend work and holiday availability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
This position may require travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.