Co-manager of Visual – MedMen – Jacksonville, FL
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
The Co-Manager of Visual Presentation is responsible for managing the execution of brand standards, visual merchandising and presentation strategies to positively impact overall business results; this objective is achieved through the collective partnership and alignment with GM and Co-Managers of Hospitality and Operations, as well as corporate Product, Digital and Marketing teams.
The Co-Manager is an expert in their field for specific divisions of responsibilities of the business. This role was designed to develop people into the company’s future General Managers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead store team to implement all aspects of Visual Merchandising including day to day merchandising, product launches and integration of OMNI initiatives.
- Oversee the timely execution of brand merchandising guidelines, seasonal guidelines and planograms.
- Partner with Hospitality and PR on press and in-store events.
- Champions expectations and standards as related to all aspects of visual merchandising and brand standards.
- Partner with the MedMen Human Resources team in the following HR functions:
- Interview, recruit and hire to fill gaps in open positions in a timely manner based on store performance and volume tier.
- Train managers and employees in expected operational standards using appropriate tools such as SOP’s, compliance audits, MMM and policy and procedures.
- Set up training calendar and ensure associate onboarding and new hire training is complete.
- Ensure continuous training and development with team members through modules, quizzes, tracking and video content that results in consistency across all stores.
- Write and deliver on team members’ performance in partnership with GM to determine succession plans and build bench strength.
- Performance manage and coach team members on poor performance and violation of company and compliance policies in partnership of GM and HRBP.
- Provide leadership, training, guidance and support to team members that fosters continuous learning and improvement in performance of the store.
- Performs as liaison between home office and store teams to ensure MedMen brand consistency.
- Supports implementation of company initiatives and strategies.
- Partners with GM and other Co-Managers teams to review critical business reports, analyze business results and apply knowledge/learnings linking merchandising and presentation to overall business metrics, sales, profit and ADS.
- Understands merchandise flow standards; backroom organization and how it effects floor set execution, replenishment and recovery and the overall in-store brand experience.
- Provides essential global feedback from the field to influence future directives.
- Supports all visual presentation aspects of new store openings.
- 2 years of experience in Visual Merchandising
- Previous store management experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to manage a growing brand
- Capacity to convey new ideas, persuade and implement
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and 3D drawing programs/creative suites.
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Microsoft Office skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Store Management Experience
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or operations management or related field.
- Knowledge of marijuana strains, (indicas, sativas, hybrids), edibles, extracts, and current products on the market a huge plus.
- Dispensary-related experience a plus.
- Provide exemplary customer service, and represent the business with pride.
This person is directly responsible for managing the in store visual team.
This job operates in a professional retail setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work, nights, weekends and holiday availability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
This position requires up to 75% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some international travel may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.