Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) (“Curaleaf”) is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 108 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Reporting into Compliance, the Marketing and Advertising Compliance Manager is responsible for owning the marketing aspect of the compliance relationship. This role must help develop and manage marketing and advertising best practices, policies, and programs to help ensure the department is following legislative and regulatory requirements regarding advertising and marketing activity as determined by the Compliance Department. This role will work with Compliance Leads nationally to ensure that we are maintaining compliance in our marketing and advertising initiatives and in the promotion of all Curaleaf, Curaleaf Hemp, Uku, Blue Kudu, Select and Grassroots brands and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the mastermind of the relationship with Curaleaf Compliance
- Manage marketing and advertising compliance requests and processes between departments
- Provide recommendations and guidance for marketing and advertising materials based on guidance provided by compliance
- Communicate any exceptions or items of concern/caution to minimize risks.
- Flag all issues of concern to both Marketing and Compliance leadership and lead the process of issue resolution
- Review, monitor and reply to all marketing materials requests in a timely fashion
- Follow and enforce established marketing review guidance in conjunction with state regulations and Compliance program and procedures.
- Develop and apply standards for web-based and social media related marketing activities in partnership with Compliance
- Maintains complete and thorough records using marketing review tracking tool where applicable
- Develops and reports on metrics reflecting Key Productivity Indicators (KPIs) for Marketing Review function
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of rules, regulations, and statutes in relation to marketing and advertising requirements and restrictions
- Develop marketing and advertising review tools that include but will not be limited a national Curaleaf Marketing Compliance Manual
- Develop CBD/Hemp marketing review process, including compliance with applicable federal regulations (e.g., FDA)
- Work closely with corporate Compliance and state Compliance leads to thoroughly review and provide feedback for marketing and advertising material
- Bring marketing and advertising initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction and communication with individuals, both internal (and external when applicable) requesting guidance
- Abide by all Company policies/procedures to ensure compliance with various regulatory and internal system requirements in relation to material review
- Develop marketing training program for Marketing Department and state Marketing business leads
- Actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/program, etc., to provide constructive recommendations to support Compliance Department and Marketing Department initiatives/goals
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to Company core values
- Keep Compliance and Marketing senior management (CCO and VP, Compliance and Executive and VP of Marketing) informed of marketing activities and requests for guidance with any significant negative or high risks impacts to the organization
- Maintain discretion with regard to the handling of sensitive information and requests
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A., or B.S..,) from an accredited college
- Ability to interpret and execute various state specific cannabis regulations as they apply to marketing and advertising and other rules (HIPAA, FDA, etc.)
- Exemplary verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Attention to detail, with ability to prioritize
- Time management skills
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.