Compliance Specialist – GrowHealthy – West Palm Beach, FL
Do you have what it takes to be a part of an industry leading cannabis company? We are GrowHealthy – a company dedicated to delivering the best products and services possible to the patients of Florida. GrowHealthy is a high-growth business asset of iAnthus Capital Management. We are positioned to become one of Florida’s largest and most trusted medical marijuana companies. Working hand-in-hand with state and local governments, the GrowHealthy brand features company-grown, tested, safe, and effective medical marijuana products
GrowHealthy is a looking for a Compliance Specialist. A Compliance Specialist performs task that are in alignment with any relevant local, state and federal regulations and standards. The job of a Compliance Specialist is to review GH’s business practices to ensure that we are following applicable regulations. Such audits may occur annually or at other intervals and may include reviewing documentation and other records, as well as interviewing executives and employees. Join a quickly-growing team of motivated professionals in a position that offers potential for career growth. This Compliance Specialist opportunity will be located in the West Palm Beach, Florida area and will be a long-term full-time position.
Resolve Compliance Issues
In instances where GH is not in compliance with a regulation or set of regulations, the Compliance Specialist must identify what the organization needs are to come into compliance. In addition, the Compliance Specialist is charged with creating a plan to implement any needed change.
Stay Abreast of Regulatory Changes
Regulations are added, removed and changed, as such the Compliance Specialists must stay up to date with any regulatory actions relevant to their industry niche.
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of contract-related complaints including determining and communicating compliance opportunities using a variety of systems and resources and initiate protocols as necessary.
- Identify non-compliance (i.e. trends and areas of risk) and recommend objective solutions and action plans to correct and mitigate risk.
- Assist in conducting internal compliance control reviews and resolve accordingly.
- Escalate severe non-compliance issues, issues that require intervention and/or present potential for risk via escalation process.
- Ensure pending issues receive proper follow-up and that they are completed within the defined time frames.
- Ensure effectiveness by observing the implemented recommendation solutions.
- Travel to the various regional offices to conduct professional compliance presentations, communicate areas of opportunity, audit in-class training, in-field shadowing, role play and train regional management on available compliance tools.
- Submit monthly compliance reports cards/observations and hold monthly internal stakeholder meetings outlining applicable observations and improvement plans.
- Minimum of 2-year experience investigating escalated concerns.
- Post-secondary education Bachelor’s degree in Business Analysis, Business Administration/Management, Regulation, and Risk Management from a college or university preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast pace environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail and project management abilities.
- Ability to work flexible or extended working hours to meet business needs; demonstrated good attendance and punctuality. Ability to work under pressure, adaptable to change, and travel on a regular basis.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint).