The Learning and Development Specialist’s primary responsibility is on developing and implementing learning strategies and programs for Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, Medical, Recruitment, Benefits, and other ancillary areas within Trulieve Corporate. The primary focus of the L&D Specialist is on designing e-learning courses, career plans, workshops, classroom training, shadowing, observational competencies, skills evaluations and rubrics, as well as support for document control on various standard operating procedures.
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs.
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs.
- Implement various learning methods company-wide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training).
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings.
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Help managers develop their team members through career-path road-mapping.
- Track L&D budgets and negotiate specialized vendor contracts.
- Hire and oversee L&D Coordinators, (as needed).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience as an Instructional Designer, L&D Manager/Specialist, Training Manager, or similar.
- Current knowledge of effective Learning and Development methods.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices.
- Experience in project management and budgeting.
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proficient in LMS Authoring Software (Camtasia, Articulate, Captivate, etc.)
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems (LMS), and implementation.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen.
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors.
- BSc/BA in Business, Psychology or a related field.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPLP, CPTM) is a plus.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate must be at least 21 years of age, and able to successfully pass a comprehensive background screening. Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, including paid time-off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40-50 hours per week, salaried – and will be available “after hours” if an emergency should arise.
45+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on Learning and Development Project priorities. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.