Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The COVID Monitor will be responsible for conducting temperature screens, social distancing directives, and enforcing PPE requirements of all fellow employees and visitors before or upon entering the facility space to confirm they are fit for work and helping to execute Parallel’s COVID-19 protocols in all areas of the building such as the break rooms, locker rooms, hallways, and common areas.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Follow Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operation of the facility and fully comply with state and local cannabis regulations
- Conduct temperature screens of employees and visitors before beginning their shift or entering the secured facility •
- Report to Management and HR if any employees must be sent home due to high temperature or that is exhibiting signs of illness
- Document and report to Compliance Oversight Director – EHS about any employees or visitors that may be excessively breaking COVID-19 protocols or declines to adhere to COVID-19 protocols
- Enforce PPE adherence, when possible, in the common areas, break room, locker rooms, time clocks, designated smoking areas, and parking lot
- Maintain employee health confidentiality
- Informs staff of COVID-19 policies and procedures
- Leads by example, utilizing discretion and good judgment at all times
- May perform additional tasks as directed by management
- Remain flexible with scheduling
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Bilingual English & Spanish (Preferred)
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Indoor and external building environments.
- Requires the ability to stand/sit for prolonged periods of time, and consistent attention to detail for up to 10 hours a day.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.