Cowboys QB Dalton clears protocols, practices

6:41 PM ET

FRISCO, Texas — Dallas Cowboys quarterback Andy Dalton cleared the concussion and reserve/COVID-19 protocols and was a full participant in Monday’s short practice, according to coach Mike McCarthy.

Dalton suffered a concussion in the Cowboys’ Oct. 25 loss to the Washington Football Team and was placed on the NFL’s reserve/COVID-19 list on Nov. 3. Because he was on the COVID list and not able to be at the team’s facility, he did not finish the return-to-play rules for the concussion as quickly as anticipated.

The Cowboys are coming off their bye week and since the team was placed under the intensive protocols after their Nov. 8 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers after they had a player test positive, the Cowboys did not practice last week.

McCarthy did not want to say whether Dalton would start Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, but executive vice president Stephen Jones said last week, if healthy, Dalton would return to the starting role.

2 Related

“We’ve got to get through the whole week of practice,” McCarthy said. “He hasn’t been involved in a couple of weeks now. He looked good today, so we’ll take it one day at a time.”

Read More

 

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on pinterest
Share on email

Scroll to Top