Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
The Cultivation Assistant, Outdoor assists our cannabis outdoor growing operation. This team is frequently performing all the growing steps with our outdoor growing cannabis plants. This includes tending to the plants during the whole growing process within our greenhouse facilities. The role is exposed to many physical conditions, including lifting throughout the duration of the shift. This role is also exposed to extreme hot and humid environments throughout the duration.
- Responsible for the turnover of plants including all aspects of propagation, plant destruction and preparing plants for the plant’s life cycle.
- Participates in inventory activities. Effectively participates in the crop work: watering, fertilizing, pruning and for the production and delivery of vegetative cuttings
- Growing inspections of plants and greenhouses to ensure they are being maintained according to growth cycle.
- Sanitation, trimming, pruning, harvesting, receiving, and shipping plants between life cycles.
- Routine daily work responsibilities to ensure production, sanitation, inventory control and general labor support as required.
- Maintain an immaculate greenhouse at all times, including weekly cleaning and sanitation.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Previous experience working in large team and agricultural picking environments is (Preferred)
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., trimming plants, potting, chucking, harvesting, defanning)
- Cleaning the area and performing regular inventory activities
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to follow instructions unsupervised
- Ability to perform quota-based work in, unsupervised areas
- Plant knowledge preferred but not necessary
- Bilingual language speaking is preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Hand and eye coordination with extreme attention to detail.
- Being exposed to extreme hot and humid temperatures throughout the duration of the shift.
- Hot greenhouse environments that exceed temperatures of 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to stand, squat, and kneel for long periods of time in small spaces that can be high in heat, high in humidity, wet or dry.
- Exposure to water during the duration of the shift is common with cannabis growing environments.
- Must be comfortable being around humid, wet, moist, environments.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.