The Cultivation Manager will oversee facility procedures to increase productivity and efficiency while assures plantings meet quality standards. The Cultivation Manager will also assist the Management team meet production goals and quality expectations.
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of a cultivation facility, this will include knowledge and compliance and Standard Operating Procedures, planning and scheduling tasks for the week, month and quarter and supervising all aspects of the cultivation processes.
- Implement integrated pest management strategies in compliance with state and company policy.
- Setting cultivation goals and make sure all cultivation team members are trained on proper plant care techniques while meeting company standards and developing employee engagement.
- Responsible for overseeing equipment and supplies in the cultivation facility and coordinating with other departments to ensure inventory needs are met.
- Plans and organizes weekly production schedules and maintaining record.
- Perform and maintain weekly and monthly reporting and ensuring all recordkeeping are within regulation of company standards and state regulations.
- Collaborate and communicate with executive management team regarding cultivation needs, practices, and policies.
- Must maintain up to date knowledge of state and local cannabis regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Business, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing a Horticultural or greenhouse facility
- Knowledge of plants, diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
- Knowledge of cannabis growing preferred.
- Strong leadership experience, with experience leading large teams.
- Excellent mathematical, language, reasoning, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of cultivation methods and irrigation procedures
- This position regularly requires long hours and may require weekend work
- Knowledge of crop management and commercial agriculture
- Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
- Must pass a drug screeningMust have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Strong leader with a vision for the future and positive attitude
- Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously without losing focus
- Organization and initiative, strong communications skills, proactive, problem-solving, time management, discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes
- Ability to build good relationships. There will be frequent contact with internal and external people, either face to face or by telephone and email
- Teamwork- collaborating with others to improve overall standards of work and service
- Ability to manage a team while promoting professionalism.
Comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time-off program and non-matching 401k plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for extended periods; walk; use hands to handle or feel
This position operates in cultivation and manufacturing environments. This role routinely uses cultivation processing equipment and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The company will ask you to help out in other departments depending on company needs. This means that you may not always work in the department that you were hired, teamwork and getting product out to patients is the goal and this means helping out where you are needed is crucial to your success as well as the company’s success.
We is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.