Location: Wimauma, FL
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Plant Cultivation R&D Technician ensures daily support of research activities in the department, providing aid to collect/record/ analyze data, and help deliver pilot-scale experiments & trials with the goal of perpetual improvement of processes and yields.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Follow Parallel Policies & Procedures for daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana
- Design and execute plant research & development trials involving a variety of different variables implementing the scientific method
- Maintain high quality experiment documentation in accordance with regulatory and operational guidance from the R&D Supervisor and Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor ongoing experiment progress to ensure validity of resulting data
- Collect & record data from production batches and R&D trials for analysis and comparison
- Document methods and work on improving the efficiency of experimental methods and cultivation SOPs
- Use and maintenance of tools & technology in a safe manner
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Preferred).
- 2+ years cannabis cultivation experience (Preferred).
- R&D project experience (Preferred)
- Advanced understanding of all cultivation practices; from clone to flower to harvest.
- Understanding of integrated pest management and ability to identify pathogens/beneficial insects.
- Understanding of the importance of tracking, recording and analyzing data for improving cultivation practices and quality results.
- Strong observational paired with written, verbal, and listening skills
- Able to multitask and juggle assignments while practicing good time management
- Must be proficient with measurements at all times
- Ability to work as a team member, while being organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly unassisted.
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- Ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- Ability to work in extreme weather.
- Ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder to service lights and fans.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.