Our Story We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company cultivation facility in accordance with standards set by the State and the company. Provides support for all cultivation agents, including schedules, training, policy and procedure updates, industry news, and product information. Responsible for the documentation, ordering, and receiving of all inventory and products, arranging deliveries, maintaining facility compliance, and cleanliness in accordance with State regulations and standards set by the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with managing cultivation staff, schedules, cultivation processes, inventory, and vendor relations.
- Serves as a role model and resource for cultivation staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with responding to all cultivation staff questions, concerns, or suggestions and takes action when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with delegating tasks to cultivation agents to maintain a compliant and clean cultivation facility.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with coordinating with the upper management team to ensure that accurate information is communicated to the cultivation staff.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with overseeing all cultivation tasks and processes, ensures proper documentation of all applicable activities in accordance with standards set by the State and the company.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with planning, coordinating, and overseeing the transition of product development by ensuring that the proper tasks are executed and that the environmental conditions support the cultivation of superior quality product in accordance with State regulations and standards set by the company.
- Oversees supply stock, orders, and deliveries to ensure efficient levels of all cultivation inputs and supplies. Reports and Documentation.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with maintaining accurate records of all cultivation activities, including employee records, inventory records, deliveries, and returns in accordance with State regulation and standards set by the company.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
- Positive attitude all the time
Assists the Cultivation Manager with managing cultivation staff
This job operates in a commercial horticulture environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, tight corners and work spaces. Extensive walking and equipment operation. Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers and pollen producing environment. Work time expectation: 80% of time will be physical labor, 5% training and misc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting to 50lbs, some work with hands above head, bending over for extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Two-year degree in a horticultural or agricultural field or demonstrated experience in horticulture or agricultural production.
- Two years of experience in a position with managerial responsibilities.
- Thorough understanding of State and local medical cannabis laws and how they apply to the operations of the company.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (Required text)
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
Per Florida statute, a registered caregiver in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMUR) must not be employed by a medical marijuana treatment center or a marijuana testing laboratory, like MedMen. Fl. Statutes 381.986 Sec.6. A registered caregiver can relinquish the role of registered caregiver at any time.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.