Cultivation Supervisor – MedMen – Orlando, FL
At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company cultivation facility in accordance with standards set by the State and the company. Provides support for all cultivation agents, including schedules, training, policy and procedure updates, industry news, and product information. Responsible for the documentation, ordering, and receiving of all inventory and products, arranging deliveries, maintaining facility compliance, and cleanliness in accordance with State regulations and standards set by the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with managing cultivation staff, schedules, cultivation processes, inventory, and vendor relations.
- Serves as a role model and resource for cultivation staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with responding to all cultivation staff questions, concerns, or suggestions and takes action when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with delegating tasks to cultivation agents to maintain a compliant and clean cultivation facility.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with coordinating with the upper management team to ensure that accurate information is communicated to the cultivation staff.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with overseeing all cultivation tasks and processes, ensures proper documentation of all applicable activities in accordance with standards set by the State and the company.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with planning, coordinating, and overseeing the transition of product development by ensuring that the proper tasks are executed and that the environmental conditions support the cultivation of superior quality product in accordance with State regulations and standards set by the company.
- Oversees supply stock, orders, and deliveries to ensure efficient levels of all cultivation inputs and supplies. Reports and Documentation.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with maintaining accurate records of all cultivation activities, including employee records, inventory records, deliveries, and returns in accordance with State regulation and standards set by the company.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
- Positive attitude all the time
Assists the Cultivation Manager with managing cultivation staff
This job operates in a commercial horticulture environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, tight corners and work spaces. Extensive walking and equipment operation. Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers and pollen producing environment. Work time expectation: 80% of time will be physical labor, 5% training and misc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting to 50lbs, some work with hands above head, bending over for extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Two-year degree in a horticultural or agricultural field or demonstrated experience in horticulture or agricultural production.
- Two years of experience in a position with managerial responsibilities.
- Thorough understanding of State and local medical cannabis laws and how they apply to the operations of the company.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successful complete and pass background and drug screen, and live scan.
MedMen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MedMen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MedMen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MedMen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.