Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products currently operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
A Cultivation Technician is a critical component of the grow team whose goal is to consistently produce high quality plants that meet company standards and while following all compliance requirements. The Cultivation Technician is responsible for plant care and maintenance from propagation through flowering stages including, but not limited to; cloning, transplanting, feeding, trellising, flushing, pruning, general canopy work and daily/room flip sanitation and under the supervision of the Cultivation Manager.
- With direction from supervisor perform crop work and canopy maintenance, as directed.
- Responsible for the vitality and health of the plants from propagation through flower up to harvest.
- Cloning, pruning, transplanting, feeding and labeling.
- Maintain a disease and pest-free environment.
- Communicate with Cultivation Room Supervisors and Cultivation Manager about priorities, solving problems, and time management.
- Proper communication, via emails, text, of phone call with the proper channels to ensure matters are caught early and addressed.
- Maintain a continuous focus on safety, injury prevention in all aspects of production work.
- Motivate and encourage through positive communication and feedback.
- Help maintain effective working relationships with teams across the organization.
- 1 to 3 years nursery experience, a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and self-direction
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and safety
- Ability to work in varying conditions.
- Must be willing to work some weekends and holidays
- General knowledge of weights and measures.
- Can lift at least 50lbs, unassisted
- Ability to sit, kneel, walk and stand for long periods of time
- Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously without losing focus.
- Organization and initiative, good communications skills, proactive, problem-solving, time management, discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Ability to build good relationships. There will be frequent contact with internal and external people, either face to face or by telephone or email.
- Knowledge and the ability to properly trim the plant to the required specifications without damage.
- Must show great attention to detail regarding proper vegetation removal as needed.
- Ability to stay focused while performing repetitive task.
- Teamwork- collaborating with others to improve overall standards of work and service
This position operates in cultivation and manufacturing environments. This role routinely uses cultivation processing equipment and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The company will ask you to help out in other departments depending on company needs. This means that you may not always work in the department that you were hired, teamwork and getting product out to patients is the goal and this means helping out where you are needed is crucial to your success as well as the company’s success.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for extended periods; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. Must be able to individually lift up to 25 lbs. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
6:00am – 4:00pm M – Th
Travel if required, is primarily local during the business day.
REQUIRED EDUCATON and EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma
1 to 3 years nursery experience, preferred
Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
Must pass a drug screening.
Must have reliable transportation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time-off program and non-matching 401k plan.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.